At first, you might think that disabling HP Support Assistant is a bit tricky or will at least require root access. However, this is not the case. All you need to do is to go to the settings in the phone and disable the option for HP Support Assistant to start when the phone boots up.
If you’re an owner of an HP laptop or desk PC, you’ve likely come across the HP Support Assistant (HPSA) tool, which can be downloaded from HP.com, and it appears to provide several useful functions. Among them: providing status and diagnostic information about the computer, and providing basic information about who to contact for hardware and software support.
Recently, a lot of users complained that the Support Assistant App is causing them problems. The Support Assistant is HP’s tool that helps you troubleshoot your problems. The Support Assistant is integrated into the Windows 7 OS, and it is activated by default. The Support Assistant App can be disabled through the following steps:
HP Support Assistant is a free application from Hewlett Packard designed to help customers with HP PCs launched after 2012. It includes features such as software upgrades and fast troubleshooters to assist you in resolving issues.
You can get to it by clicking the blue question mark icon that appears next to the windows. However, we occasionally find ourselves in a position when we don’t want alerts. As a result, we’d want to know how to turn off HP Assistant. In today’s post, we’ll look at how to turn off HP Support Assistant.
What is the procedure for disabling HP Support Assistant Quick Access?
By following the instructions outlined below, you may deactivate HP Support Assistant Quick Access.
- By tapping on it, the HP Support Assistant will open.
- Go to the bottom left corner of the window and choose Settings.
- Select Frequency from the drop-down box on the Health Analysis tab.
- Select Never now.
- To find out how you’d want to get software updates and communications from HP, go to How would you like to receive software updates and messages from HP? a selection from the drop-down menu
- Select Never check for updates or communications from the settings menu (not recommended).
- Then, under Change tune-up schedule, choose Never.
- Finally, click Save and you’re finished.
Also see: Checking Your Dell Warranty
HP Product Status should be turned off.
Here’s how to disable HP product status.
- To begin, go to the HP product folder and open it.
- Select Properties from the HP UPD by right-clicking it.
- Select the Device Settings tab now.
- Set device status notification to Disable in the Installable Options section.
- Finally, HP product status will be switched off in this manner.
HP Support Assistant should be enabled.
The HP Support Assistant may be enabled by downloading and installing it from the internet. The HP support assistant gets the most recent updates for your system automatically. It is enabled and performs the work for you when you go to Devices and check for updates.
How can I turn off the HP Support Assistant?
That is how you may turn off HP Support Assistant.
- On your desktop, double-tap the HP Support Assistant.
- Go to Settings in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Then, next to Check for updates, click the icon.
- Click Tune-up schedule: Frequency under the Tune-up tab.
- Finally, choose Never from the drop-down box.
Remove HP Support Assistant from your computer.
If you wish to fully remove the HP Support Assistant, follow the procedures outlined below. The HP Support Assistant may be uninstalled as follows.
- To remove a software, go to Control Panel and then to Uninstall a Program.
- Select HP Support Assistant from the Programs and Features menu, then click Uninstall.
- To confirm the uninstallation, tap Yes.
- Finally, restart your computer to finish the procedure.
How to Resolve the HP Support Assistant Won’t Open Problem
If you find that your HP Support Assistant, which comes pre-installed on your HP machine, is a lifesaver, It will download updates for you as they become available. However, if you are experiencing difficulty opening it, you may try some of the solutions listed below.
Reinstall HP Support Assistant – You must consider reinstalling the HP Support Assistant in case it isn’t opening. That’s how you can do it. You need to just press Windows + R and type control. In the control panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features. Select HP Support Assistant and click uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions and then you are good to go. Reboot the system to complete the uninstallation process. Now go to your favorite browser, search for HP Support Assistant and reinstall it on your system.
Update the HP Support Assistant — It’s also conceivable that you’re running an old version of the HP Support Assistant, which is creating problems. As a result, it’s critical to maintain it up to date. You may install HP Support Assistant and then choose Yes. When the installation is complete, your HP Support Assistant will be updated as well. Finally, restart the computer and you’re ready to go.
If you’re a Windows user who recently purchased a new HP machine with Windows 10 installed, you may have noticed a little blue icon in the system tray called “HP Support Assistant”. You may have also noticed the program is not easy to disable. There is a way to disable this program, but it is a bit hidden.. Read more about can’t remove hp support assistant and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Windows 10 need HP Support Assistant?
Windows 10 does not need HP Support Assistant.
Where is HP Support Assistant?
HP Support Assistant is a software that helps you find solutions to your computer problems. You can download it from the HP website.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- hp support assistant download
- hp support assistant should i remove it
- hp support assistant updates
- hp support assistant for windows 10
- hp support assistant not working