.NET Framework 3.5 is a version of Microsoft’s framework for developing Windows applications, and it has had some issues with compatibility in recent years. While the .NET Team has released updates to improve stability, there are still many errors that occur on modern PCs running Windows 10 or 11.
The “windows 10 20h2 update error 0x800f081f” is a common error that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
Date last updated: December 23, 2021
Originally published in September 2017
- You may be unable to launch some apps on your computer due to a.NET Framework 3.5 problem.
- The easiest approach to resolve these difficulties is to use the Windows installation media.
- If you’re experiencing problems with the framework, reinstalling it may help.
Many applications rely on particular components to function effectively, and if one fails, the whole product suffers.
The.NET Framework is one of the most popular tools since it has a lot of capabilities and is used by many developers when developing applications.
Unfortunately, if the framework has a problem, your app may not be able to run at all, and in certain cases, you may not even be able to install it.
Let’s get started with a look at some of the most common.NET Framework 3.5 issues and how to solve them in this post.
What is the.NET Framework and how does it work?
The.NET Framework is an execution environment that provides programs with a variety of services. It is used by developers to construct programs for the Windows platform.
If the application was built with a specific version of the framework, you must have it installed in order to execute and install it. Visit our.NET Framework installation guide for additional details.
What causes.NET Framework errors?
The most common cause of these issues is file corruption. There are a variety of causes for this, ranging from system damage to malware infestations.
Fortunately, by reading our.NET Framework 3.5 is missing tutorial, you can easily resolve these difficulties.
On Windows 10 and 11, how can I repair common.NET Framework 3.5 errors?
0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, and 0x800F0907 are.NET Framework errors.
- The Windows Media Creation Tool is available for download.
- Run the utility after it has been downloaded.
- Click Next after selecting Create installation media.
- Click Next after selecting an ISO file.
- Choose a place for the download and wait for it to complete. Depending on your Internet speed, this might take some time.
- When the download is complete, double-click the ISO to mount it.
- Type gpedit.msc by pressing Windows key + R. Enter the code.
- Expand the Administrative Template folder on the right and select System when it appears. Now double-click Specify component installation and component repair parameters.
- A window with properties will appear. It should now be set to Enabled. E:/sources/sxs is the alternative source file path.
- Changes should be saved.
- Choose Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the menu by pressing Windows key + X.
- gpupdate /force gpupdate /force gpupdate /force gpupdate /force
- The problem should now be resolved, and you should be able to install.NET Framework 3.5 without any problems.
Make careful to use the path that corresponds to the path of the mounted ISO file in step 9.
0x800F0922 is a.NET Framework error code that has to be fixed.
- Before you begin, make sure you have a Windows 10 ISO downloaded and mounted.
- Navigate to the sources folder on the mounted ISO.
- A folder called sxs should be present. Copy the folder to a different place on your hard drive. In this tutorial, we’ll transfer it to the root directory of our D drive, for example.
- Choose Properties from the drop-down menu when right-clicking on the cloned folder.
- Select the Security tab from the drop-down menu. Check that there is a check mark next to Read and Write in the Permissions box; choose your user name from the Group or user names box.
- If the check marks aren’t visible, click the Edit button, choose your username, and tick the Read and Write boxes in the Allow column. Changes should be saved.
- Choose Windows PowerShell by pressing Windows key + X. (Admin).
- Execute these commands: limitaccess dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source:D:sxs /source
Make sure that D:sxs in step 8 is replaced with the path from your PC. On our computer, we just used this as an example.
0x80071A91 is a.NET error code that has to be fixed.
- Enter turn features by pressing Windows key + S. Turn Windows features on or off by selecting Turn Windows features on or off.
- Find the item.NET Framework 3.5 (includes.NET 2.0 and 3.0), uncheck it, and wait for the process to complete. Restart your PC after that.
- Follow the same procedures to reinstall it after rebooting, and you should be good to go.
On Windows 11, how can I fix.NET Framework 3.5 errors?
Make use of the DISM scan.
- Select Windows Terminal by pressing Windows key + X. (Admin).
- Execute the following instructions now: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Although this solution is designed for Windows 11, it may also be used in previous versions of Windows.
Is the.NET Framework included with Windows?
Yes, Windows comes with the.NET Framework preinstalled. On Windows 10 PCs, you’ll find versions 3.5 through 4.8 installed. Keep in mind that in certain circumstances, the former must be activated manually.
Availability of the.NET Framework (Photo credit: Microsoft)
When it comes to Windows 11, it comes with the most recent version right out of the box.
Is the.NET Framework compatible with older versions of Windows?
The.NET Framework is backwards compatible with prior versions starting with version 4.5. As a result, even if the application is created using version 3.5, it will operate in the vast majority of scenarios.
If you’re an app developer, you may need to make some configuration modifications to guarantee that everything is operating correctly.
This was a list of the most common.NET Framework 3.5 issues you’ll see on the Windows platform, and as you can see, they’re all rather straightforward to repair.
If you’re still experiencing issues with this component, we recommend reading our tutorial on how to repair a corrupted.NET Framework.
We hope it included the mistake you sought. Let us know whether it worked for you, or if you have any additional errors you’d want us to address in the comments area.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “net framework 3.5 problem windows 10” is a common error that many Windows users have experienced. There are ways to fix this issue, and it doesn’t require a reinstallation of the operating system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix net framework 3.5 installation error?
A: You can upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, or you can use the Media Creation Tool and do a clean install of windows 7 on your computer.
How do I repair Microsoft Net Framework in Windows 10?
A: if you have Microsoft Net Framework installed, open up the start menu and type in msconfig. From there, select the services tab. Scroll down to winhttp and make sure it is set to automatic startup. You can also disable this service completely by un-checking it or selecting disabled from on startup.
How do I fix net framework 3.5 Error 0x800f0954 in Windows 10?
A: The error you are receiving is probably a result of corruption on your Windows 10 system. To fix this issue, please try the following steps.
1. Perform a full backup of your data to an external drive or cloud storage (Windows Backup and Restore can help)
2. Reinstall an older version of Windows that comes with all updates installed already as well as any peripherals such as display adapters and USB controllers
3. Try updating drivers for your network card in Device Manager if its not listed there
- net framework 3.5 windows 10 error 0x800f081f regedit
- how to fix error 0x800f081f
- net framework 3.5 windows 10 error 0x800f0954
- net framework 3.5 error 0x80070422
- how to install net framework 3.5 on windows 10 offline mode