This guide will teach you how to use two headphones at once on Windows 10. You can either use a USB headset or Bluetooth headset, and this guide will cover both methods.
The how to use two headphones at once windows 10 is a tutorial that will show you how to use two headphones on Windows 10.
It’s difficult to use two headphones on the same laptop or computer at the same time. This is due to the fact that most laptops (and even desktop computers) only feature a single audio jack that is designed to be used with a single set of headphones.
However, there are several workarounds that allow you to utilize two headphones on your laptop or computer at the same time, and I’ll show you how in today’s post.
Actually, you have a few choices to choose, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. It makes no difference which one you pick; the end effect is the same. The only significant difference is the tools you’ll need to do the task.
So, without further ado, let’s have a look at your choices for utilizing two headsets on a laptop or PC at the same time!
1. Modifications to the control panel
This is the simplest way for using two headphones on a computer without any extra equipment. Take the following steps:
1. Open the Control Panel by searching for it in the Windows search box.
2. Go to “Hardware and sound,” then “Sound.”
3. In the new window, choose “Recording” from the drop-down menu.
4. Enable the “Stereo Mix” by right-clicking it, then set it to Default, as seen in the picture below:
5. Make sure you have both of your headphones on. For the time being, all sound will be sent to just one of the headsets.
6. Right-click “Stereo Mix” and choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
7. Tick the option to “Listen to this device” under the “Listen” page, then choose your headphones from the drop-down menu.
8. Click “Apply” and “OK,” then choose the Playback tab in the Sound window. You may now listen to music with two headphones at the same time:
The default sound settings are a little wrong, as you can see in the picture above, with one of the two pairs being louder than the other. In this case, you must adjust the sound on an individual basis.
NOTE: If you don’t see the “Stereo Mix” option in your Recording tab, right-click anywhere in the area and choose “Show disabled devices” and “Show disconnected devices” from the drop-down menus.
If the option is still not deactivated in the tab, your laptop or computer isn’t capable of using two headphones at once. However, there are even more choices below!
Check out my earlier post on the best headphones for Spotify to make the most of your newfound flexibility to listen on different headphones.
2. Purchase a splitter for your headphones.
The simplest way to connect two pairs of headphones to a single PC is to use this technique. It requires a purchase (if you don’t already have a headphone splitter), but it’s painless, quick, and simple.
1. First and foremost, you’ll need a headphone splitter. This one from Syncwire comes highly recommended (affiliate link).
2. Once you’ve received it, just connect the splitter into the 3.5mm audio port and your two sets of headphones into the splitter’s two outputs. That’s all there is to it!
Extremely simple, with no issues with audio loudness or sound delay. Furthermore, the splitter is quite inexpensive.
A multi-splitter is also available (with more than two outputs). For example, this 5-Way Multi Headphone Audio Splitter (affiliate link) lets you add an extra microphone, multiple headsets, or a complete sound system to the mix. This is very helpful!
IMPORTANT: This technique only works with headphones that are wired. The use of bluetooth headphones necessitates the use of an extra bluetooth adaptor.
3. Make use of a sound mixer
If none of the two ways above appeals to you, you still have other choices. You may use an audio mixer to manage your sound output and simultaneously play sound to two headphones.
I suggest utilizing the free Voicemeeter software for this. Download and install it, being careful to choose the advanced installation option to prevent downloading any unnecessary software.
Launch the application once it has been installed. It will enable you to control how your computer’s sound is played:
Keep in mind that only while the application is running will you be able to play sound via two separate headsets. It doesn’t use a lot of resources, therefore it shouldn’t be an issue.
On a PC, how can I listen to two Bluetooth headphones at the same time?
Normally, your PC or laptop can only support one pair of bluetooth headphones. There isn’t much more you can do about it except buy a Bluetooth adaptor (aka Bluetooth dongle). The good news is that they are also quite affordable.
Getting my suggested TP-Link (affiliate link) adapter, for example, will enable you to connect up to 7 Bluetooth devices at once!
This means you can simply connect two (or more) Bluetooth headphones to your PC or laptop and use them simultaneously.
It’s simple to use: just insert the small dongle into one of your computer’s USB ports and you’re good to go. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
The Bluetooth 5.0 technology used by the dongle I suggested is more dependable than the previous generation, and it is also quicker and covers a wider area.
Even though most PCs (desktops and laptops) aren’t designed to play sound to two separate headsets at the same time – mostly because this isn’t a function that many people need – you have all of the workarounds listed above to make it happen quickly and easily.
If you’re using wired headphones, I suggest using a headphone splitter, and if you’re using wireless headphones, I recommend purchasing a bluetooth adapter. Both are inexpensive and will undoubtedly be useful.
Spread the word about this post!
The how to use bluetooth and wired headphones at the same time windows 10 is a tutorial that will teach you how to use two headphones at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use 2 headsets on my PC?
To use 2 headsets on your PC, you will need to purchase a USB hub.
Can you use two headphones at the same time?
How do I use multiple audio outputs in Windows 10?
First, you need to open up the sound settings. This can be done by pressing the Windows button and typing Sound in the search bar. Once inside the Sound Settings, click on Outputs. From here, you should see a list of all your available audio outputs. If you want to use two different outputs at once, simply select them both and then press the Set Default button.
- how to use two bluetooth headphones at once windows 10
- how to use two headsets on pc without splitter
- how to use two headphones on pc
- how to connect two bluetooth headphones simultaneously pc
- how to connect two bluetooth headphones simultaneously to tv